Bill Elder is the Founder and Managing Director of Elder Technical Rescue Services LLC. He has 18 years of experience in the safety and technical rescue fields, and has served in a wide variety of industries, including, public safety, construction, pharmaceuticals, and the energy industry (fossil fuel, hydroelectric, and nuclear power plants).
Bill is a third generation U.S. Air Force veteran. He earned an M.S. in Emergency Services Management and Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health from Columbia Southern University. He has obtained a large number of professional safety and rescue certifications (see below), and he aggressively pursues opportunities for continuing education.
Bill lives in Delaware County, Pennsylvania with his beautiful wife, daughter, stepson, and two dogs. In his down time, he enjoys spending time with his family, rucking, and indoor rock climbing.
Bill’s certifications include:
- Board Certified Safety Trained Supervisor (STS)
- Fire Service Instructor II
- Hazardous Materials Safety Officer
- Health and Safety Officer
- Incident Safety Officer
- Technician Level - Confined Space Rescue
- Technician Level - Elevator Emergency Management
- Technician Level - Ice Rescue
- Technician Level - Rope Rescue
- Technician Level - Structural Collapse Rescue
- Technician Level - Swiftwater Rescue
- Technician Level - Trench Rescue
- Technician Level - Vehicle and Machinery Rescue
- Walking-Working Surfaces and Fall Protection Specialist